Friday, April 9, 2010

Harry Potter and Blond Baddies

I've been going through the HARRY POTTER series with my daughter 'cause, you know, me and trends just don't get along, so I never read them when they first came out.  We watched HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS this week and I learned, rather painfully, that it is sacrilege to say Draco Malfoy is cuter than Harry.
My daughter summarily revoked my Harry Potter movie viewing privilages and condemned me to a miserable eternity of never finishing the books.  She says I have a thing for blond baddies and I seriously need to get over it. 
.
I protest!  I also like blond good guys, like Legoles from THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
Anyway, I'm sure we'll resolve our differences in time for the teen years and her TWILIGHT phase, if she goes through one.  Might not.  She kinda reads all over the place, like me. 
But, if she does, then she'll see that I like blond heroes just as much.
.
She prefers blonds overall too. (That's my girl!) But, the battle rages on.
.
"Luke Skywalker!"
.
"Anakin!"
.
"Luke Skywalker!"
.
"Anakin!"
.
P.S. Don't worry.  I will read the rest of the Harry Potter books.  I have my little ways of getting the books I wants, my preciousssss.

No comments: