Sunday, July 18, 2010

Changes for Enduring Romance

Good morning, Blog Buddies!
.
In case you haven't heard, I've signed an ePublishing contract for my YA Paranormal, SUGAR RUSH.
http://enduringromance.blogspot.com/2010/07/kimber-ans-sugar-rush-to-be-published.html
This necessitates change for Enduring Romance.
.
I will no longer review books, but fear not!  I do have an Heiress to My Book Reviewing Throne, my daughter whom I refer to here as Kimber, Jr.  She will review Middle Grade and younger Young Adult novels.  Right now, she's working on the entire HARRY POTTER series, leading up to the release of the last movie, THE DEATHLY HOLLOWS.
.
However, we could use another reviewer, if anyone's interested.  Just email me at kimberannebulaATyahooDOTcom
.
I will remain as Moderator and occasionally post newsworthy stuff.
.
Next Saturday, July 24th, I will post my final review, SUREBLOOD, by Susan Grant.  One of my first reviews was for Susan and I think it was THE STAR KING.  It was on my old, old Star Captains' Daughter blog, which I deleted though.  Anyway, I thought it was fitting to review one of hers last.

2 comments:

Nayuleska said...

Oh yay! Kimber Jr! I enjoy her reviews so it will be great to have her on board.

Kimber Li said...

Yeah, it's fun to have my own daughter on board.

I taught her to read when she was a baby. She phonetically sounded out her first word a month BEFORE her second birthday. She learned to sight-read before that, but I was worried not learning phonics would cripple her development later on. So, I switched.

The really great thing about teaching her to read is we've always had this special relationship based on our love of great stories.

I think it's really important to share a passionate interest like that with a child as they move into the teen years. That way when nothing else makes sense in our relationship, either one of us can go back to that and reconnect.