Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kimber An's SUGAR RUSH to be Published by Decadent

Good afternoon, Blog Buds!  I mentioned I'd accepted a contract for SUGAR RUSH.  Well, I've been told it's okay to let you know its with Decadent Publishing.  I had three ePublishers offer, in fact.  Although Decadent is brand new (they debut August 1st), I felt most comfortable working with their editors and their contract.  Not all authors are the same, you know, and I made my choice based on my own unique life and lifestyle.
.
http://www.decadentpublishing.com/
.
I think the cover art is perfectly beautiful.  Adrian and Ophelia look even better than I imagined and having them both on the cover conveys the Romance element.  The barn owl who keeps watch over Ophelia made it on the cover too, which conveys the Paranormal element.  The cold Alaskan mountains provides you with the feeling of isolation vital to the plot.  I'll post the final cover when I get it.
.
No release date yet.  This just happened and I know I still have TONS of work ahead of me.
.
A big THANK YOU to all my Blog Buddies, published authors and readers alike, who've advised and encourage me over the past four years.  Also, a big THANK YOU to Decadent for taking a chance on me and bailing me out of Queryland.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimber An, that's really fantastic. I'm thrilled with my Dara cover as well. I'm really happy for you!

Tia Nevitt said...

It's awesome!

Kimber Li said...

Thanks, Ciar and Tia!

I'm a visual thinker and I had all sorts of images in my head for the cover art, but I never could come up with something on my own. It was all clutter. I'm no artist! This cover is definitely a special gift.

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Congratulations, your cover is beautiful. I can tell you put a lot of careful thought into its making. Dara brought it to life as only a very talented artist can.

L. A. Green said...

Wow, cover art already! It looks fabulous. Congrats again on your first sale.

Kimber Li said...

Thanks, Maynely and Laurie!

I really thought I went overboard on the Cover Art form, but, apparently, the ideas and images I sent inspired the artist. They were really cluttering up my imagination, but she pulled out what mattered most and put it together so beautifully.

Art has always inspired me in writing my stories, but I've never been able to create it myself. I have so much respect for artists.

Nayuleska said...

Yay! Super squee news! You know we're all going to want to review it, right?

Heather Massey said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congratulations, Kimber An, and well deserved.

Kimber Li said...

Thanks, Nayuleska and Heather!

Reeeeeeview? Me? My Sugar Rush? Uh, but, what, what if, if all those authors I've reviewed for seek REVENGE?

(((Kimber cowers under her desk.)))

Kimber Li said...

Oh, I just had two more thoughts I why I love this book cover.

1) It's not dark. It's YA Paranormal, but it's not dark. The story definitely has darkness, but the plot revolves around finding LIGHT.

2) If she was shown already kicking butt, she would have nowhere else to grow. And that would be boring.

pj schnyder said...

Love the cover and I'm very interested to read this YA paranormal. :)

Congrats :)

Kimber Li said...

Thanks, PJ!

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I'm so late getting this news since I've been away from the blogosphere and don't get around like I used to. But big, big congratulations, Kimber An! I'm so happy for you! And the cover is just gorgeous! I love it. I can't wait to buy it and read it and gush about how wonderful it is! Congrats for the first of many!

Kimber Li said...

Thank you, Gwyneth! You've been such a huge encouragement to me!