Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Before I write my blog post (which will be short this time, I'm sorry) I want to tell you all Happy New Year!  I hope your Christmas holiday was fantastic and that the new year brings you and yours all the happiness and great surprises you can hold!



For my blog post, I have an observation to make and a question to ask. The young adult market is swarming with paranormal stories (which I love, don't get me wrong). But I've seen a few historicals popping up, and I'm very interested in those. I love stories about ancient egypt and medieval/renaissance periods. The next story I have brewing will be a historical  and a bit of a change for me, which should be nice.

My question is: what do you wish you could see more of in the YA/MG world?  What time period? What draws you to or repels you from historical fiction?

Please leave a comment and tell us!

1 comment:

Nayuleska said...

Happy New Year Vanessa!

Unsure of what I'd like to see more of - because as I think of something I then usually find it!

Time period - I think I'd love more from the Victorian and Edwardian era. It might be that quite a lot exist already - I just haven't read many books set in those times.

What draws me to historical fiction? The costumes, which are usually on the front cover. And learning more about what happened in that era, what people ate, which goods were handmade, who did the cooking, the cleaning etc.

What puts me off? Covers that are highly suggestive, and a story that is predominantly romance (I realise this sounds odd posting that here, but the only reason I really like some of the romance genre is because of the awesome backstory).