Monday, April 18, 2011

Unrequested ARCs

Good morning, Blog Buds!
.
Just a reminder, the policy here on Unrequested ARCs is you send them at your own risk.  We only review books we like or love here, so it's much cheaper to ask us if we want a book before sending it.
.
Also, I, Kimber An, no longer review books.  Since my first book, SUGAR RUSH, was accepted for publication last year, I just don't have time.  Oh, sure, once in a while I'll get sick and have the time and sudden urge to read, but mostly I just can't.  Besides novel-writing, I also have FOUR children.  Count 'em, FOUR.  So, once again, not such a good idea to send me an ARC, if you're pinching pennies these days.
.
Now, if the ARC happens to be Young Adult, I might pass it on to Kimber, Jr.  Or not.  I still reserve the right to be a neurotically overprotective mother.  But, I certainly don't have the time or money to stand in line at the post office and mail a paper ARC to any of the other reviewers here.
.
So, please, ask first. 

Nevertheless, Enduring Romance is on a few of the Big Boy Publishers mailing lists and I still get ARCs out of the blue, just automatic sends, I guess.  I figure it's not the authors' faults the publishers didn't check out our policy here and, being an author, I know authors got to eat and usually have a few hungry mouths to feed.  So, I'll tell you about their books anyway, if I have time.
.
DEPARTMENT NINETEEN by Will Hill.  Here's a review-   http://bookzone4boys.blogspot.com/2011/02/review-department-19-by-will-hill.html
.
EONA by Alison Goodman.  Here's a review-
http://thebooksmugglers.com/2011/04/book-review-eona-by-alison-goodman.html
.
Okay, guys, got to get back to writing SWEET BYTES.  I was just getting to an exciting part too.

1 comment:

Nayuleska said...

If the unrequested ARC's are ebooks, I'd probably be able to review them at some point. Sadly I live on the wrong continent to receive paper copies.